Sunday, May 31, 2009

Indian Creek, CA Fly Fishing Report



Joe Specchio
Fernley, NV

May 24, 2008

Mountain Whitefish
Flies Used: Stimulator, Red Copper John, Olive/Black Woolly Bugger.
Other Details: Fished the North Fork of the Feather River at the bridge at Seneca Road downstream from Lake Almanor in the morning from 9am till 11am. Access was really tough and the water was really stained due to a lot of rain. After lunch, fished Indian Creek just upstream from Indian Falls. Again, constant rain and temp's in the 40's to low 50's made conditions really tough, especially for a beginner fly fisherman. Just as I was getting ready to call it quits and head back to camp, I hooked my first fish on any kind of stream. I'm pretty sure it is a mountain whitefish. Not a trout like I was hoping for, but I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment