Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hat Creek, CA Fly Fishing Report **October 3, 2010**

Fly Fishing Report Submitted by: Sean Wallentine


Location: Hat Creek, CA

Details: Fished near the headwaters on October 2, 2010, with friend Christian Hill from Colorado. We spent about 3 hours fishing dries with nymph droppers and also used an indicator with two nymphs. I caught 9 fish: 6 browns, 2 brook trout and 1 rainbow. The weather was perfect: no wind, and 75 degrees. Hat Creek is a splendid fishery and just about as beautiful as a creek can possibly be.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, how do you get to do all this fishing without your wife having a fit your fishing all the time!? It would take me a life time to fish the areas you have in just a short amount of time you've had this blog. Your killing me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I my friends I tell you something can you give me anwer Depending on what you are using the mono and hook may not be the best of quality. Also check carefully after each fish, Big Kings and Coho will nick 50# to the point of an easy break off on the next fish. Have extra hooks rigged to move the fly/ squid that's catching to a fresh set if they become damaged to any extent. Most Captains tie their own rigs to be safe. It's worth learning how. I use 50# Ande Mono and prefer a two hook set-up as indicated. The treble grabs quick and the single will work into a fish jaw better. Also note the spin-N-Glow added in front of the squid this is, at times, deadly for Coho and Lakers.
    Hat Creek Trout Fishing

    ReplyDelete