Wednesday, December 14, 2011

3 Brothers Flies



Lake Taneycomo, MO


We fished for two days during Thanksgiving week on Lake Taneycomo. The water was low on the first day. I landed a sixteen inch rainbow on a #20 cdc BWO comparadun, and my little brother caught another sixteen inch bow on a #12 zoo cougar. I also caught a small trout on a #20 blood midge. The second day the water was high and midges were hatching all day. The same bwo fly was very productive, along with adams and zoo cougars. One thing I learned was to always use a big dry for your indicator unless you are changing the depth of your nymph a lot. I used a #16 Ausable Bomber for my indicator and caught three rainbows up to 14". In the couple hours we fished we caught thirteen rainbows up to 14" between four of us.

Check out our blog at 3brothersflies.com

1 comment:

  1. Super cool post by 3brothersflies.com! Thanks for being a part of the Virtual Fly Guides. - Sean Wallentine

    ReplyDelete