Saturday, August 11, 2012

South Fork Stanislaus River

On Saturday, August 4, 2012, Don Van Schenck and I guided some friends who are new to fly-fishing. We fished the South Fork of the Stanislaus River about a mile south of Strawberry, which is off of CA Hwy 108.

The water flow was normal and clear. Slight breezes and partly cloudy with a few rain drops here and there. 

We only fished for a couple hours but everyone caught fish on dry flies and droppers. Large stimulators and copper johns did the trick. A great time had by all! I think we "converted" a few bait plunkers into fly-fishers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Darin. Thought you guys dropped off the world. Good to have you back. I think I'll take a drive up there. Looks like there's a lot more water than where I've been fishing.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete